Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2020

The Camping disaster

The Camping Disaster

One night, when it was hailing hard Me and my brother and sister, decided to camp in a old, rusty, falling apart sheep barn.

After, a hearty dinner of nachos. Zara, Oscar and I ran into the garage to grab our stretchers, sleeping bags, and pillows. It was obvious  I finished first because you have to bend poles into different positions. I helped Zara and Oscar with there new stretchers.

Then we bolted to get changed in warm fleece clothing. We sat by the orange and red fire that was crackling like lightning strikes. After ten minutes Mum said it was time to go.

When we go there we heard a  rustling, crunching noise! I opened the gate. But then I realised Gran was is there already.

We found a old broom, and sheep shears. We used the old broom to clean the area were we have chosen to sleep. I chose the upper bit. Zara and Oscar put there stretchers  on the lower half.

At midnight, we heard 'plop, plop, plop' Then Oscar yelled "I am wet!!" I quickly turned on my torch. We saw water slowly, dripping from the roof.

The wind was howling outside it was ice cold. We decided to move our beds out of the wind. We all  squished in to the corner and tried to go to sleep, but the ice cold wind kept me awake.

THUMP! I fell of my stretcher and the steal poles came out. I quickly jumped off my stretcher and tried to fix it. The poles were freezing cold and did not budge, so I decided to sleep on the ground with my sleeping bag.

After a cold night we woke up and rang Mum to come and pick us up. Zara, Oscar and I decided not to get out of our sleeping bags because it was cold.

When Mum finally came we jumped in the warm car and had a nice warm Milo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment